Wednesday, March 16, 2011

God's Will and Nothing Else!

I want God's will and nothing else. Yet still sometimes I play around and try to control things in my favor. When Jesus was in the Garden, He said "If you can, please take this cup from me. But if not, your will be done." Either way, it was up to God. When I pray sometimes, I bet it sounds more like this "If you can, please make this or that happen. But if not, then I will have to make things happen for myself." Do i know that God's will for me is best?? YES!!! Do I still sometimes struggle with my flesh for the ability to decide all the where, when, who, what, and how questions?? YES!!!

Luckily, I at a point in my walk with Christ that I can usually catch when I fall into this trap. Also, I have great brothers and sisters in Christ who keep me accountable. We have to help each other out because it is hard to remember that there is just one option....not numerous options to pick from when making our live's decisions. Our one option is: God's will and nothing else!

But, boy, do we live in a society that loves options?!? So how are we possibly able to live with a "one option mindset"? The answer is: surrender. Surrender is not an easy thing so it might need to be a one day at a time sort of thing. But when we do it and live a life of surrender, we will most certainly reap the benefits and be living life more abundantly because of it. God does not want us to die to self so we can be miserable here on Earth. Instead, He wants to use us, bless us, strengthen us, and have us fulfill the purpose for why we are here. If we keep on getting in His way, this is likely not to happen or likely not to happen in the way He willed for it to.

With surrender comes sacrifice. We sacrifice our own ways for His. We sacrifice our own wants for His. We sacrifice our decisions for His. And the results will be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment