Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back from Camp

It's been long since i have blogged but I thought we had some catching up to do. It looks like i will have a much lighter schedule this next year in some respects, which just might warrant more time to blog. I returned from summer camp almost 2 weeks ago. It was an amazing time where I learned not only about working with those with disabilities but also about community, myself, adventure, vulnerability, etc. I almost turned down the position to work at this camp but obviously i am glad i did not.

The Lord needed to take me away from the norm to get my full attention. He blessed my obedience by providing a group of people who are excited about working with those with disabilities but also with such hearts for Africa!! I think i have at least 15 people who want to come and volunteer...haha...and I am ready to welcome them when that time comes : ) I felt encouraged and free to share. I also just adored the campers that came and they brought joy to my heart. Their personalities were big and their hearts were bigger still. I felt that I could love well and that I was loved well in return.

I will elaborate more later (because i will get better at this blogging stuff!!!). Since "life is not summer camp," i am back in PA getting my heart and mind ready for preschool to start up again. Satan has really hit me hard this week (which i was fully expecting) but "My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do." (lol) I am glad i have this to time to get refreshed and refocused.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear the summer went so well and that it stretched you! And I'm excited that you, like me are seeking, to blog better ha... Keep encouraged, and know that you are, through the grace of God, one super awesome person! And a great friend!

    ReplyDelete