Sunday, February 3, 2013

Awake

This is a blog post from my first night in Kenya, about 4 hours after I actually fell sleep. It is not a blog post that will be full of pictures and detailed stories, but a look at what was on my heart the night I arrived. Those picture-full posts will come but in the meantime, I hope this post somehow encourages you.

1/24/13
Oh, I am awake. One of the joys of jet lag. Yes, I want to be sleeping because that seems more pleasant to me in the moment but no...I am AWAKE. I think if i remain in my bed with my eyes closed that I won't have to truly wake up. My thoughts circle in my head and even though i am halfway between wakefulness and slumber, I know I must take these thoughts captive. So I pray and my soul eases a bit. I know I am to turn on the light and be in His Word. But...ahhhh...no...I am still so tired. However, I obey this nudge. The scriptures my heart is drawn to have a theme: AWAKE (or in modern day English: WAKE UP!!!!)

As soon as I think about it, my soul has been sleepy lately and not attuned to the voice of my Father (as it should be). I've been walking around with a groggy heart and it has been taking its toll. Instead of meeting each new day (and this new journey for that matter) with joy and anticipation, I have been downhearted and skeptical. Do I want to remain there? NO MORE!!

Lord, wake me up from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. Stir my heart and clothe me with joy. Give me the same attitude that you have and make my heart strong. If I rest Lord, may I find rest in You and getting away with You. Even when my physical body sleeps, I pray that it continues to be in touch with you. Lord, I am AWAKE! Help me rise up and greet the new day and be ready for all that you have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment