Friday, November 12, 2010

Heavy Heart

It is hard not being in Kenya. It is even harder when I know I have friends that are hurting physically and emotionally there. Please pray for my friend, Eva, who has been very sick as of late. She continues to see doctors and take medicine without any relief. I wish someone could give her a straight answer on what condition she is suffering from but what she has been told has been vague. When she texts me, my heart drops. She is zapped of energy and does not see the sun through the clouds right now. If anybody knows Eva, they would know that she has a lively spirit and a joyful heart. But when I hear from her, I hear a friend who weak, exhausted, and worried. Please join together with me in prayer for Eva. May she experience a touch of the Father's hand!

Also pray for one of my Kenyan mama's. Her and her family recently experienced a great loss in their family this week. This tragedy came three weeks after my mama experienced the death of her brother in a road accident. Pray that the Lord provides for their needs and brings peace to their hearts. Her small children have been really effected and the older boy, who I am particularly close with, has not received news yet because he is away at school.

The Lord has these friends in His hands. He never promised that there would not be sickness and death, but He promised to hold us through these times. I know He is holding Eva and Monica and her family right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment