Monday, January 3, 2011

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1....Happy New Year!!

In an effort to state the obvious: another year has passed. To me, 2010 was a good year! The Lord restored my heart in January 2010 and brought me out of the fog I was in after coming back from my summer 2009 trip from Kenya. He took me down paths that I did not predict but all those paths have led me to a better and stronger place. But even though the year had been good to me, I held within me the excitement of a new year...the freshness of it all and the chance to start off right.

For me, 2011 has already brought a change of scenery. I have moved from the basement (dungeon) to the attic. I really like my new digs and I like that I will be able to see my "adopted" family more. Surprisingly enough, considering we lived in the same house...it was rare to see them. But now that we are sharing a kitchen and I'm passing through their living quarters more, this means more run-ins, times to chat, good fellowship.

I am also starting off this New Year more determined to get done all the things that have been accidently or not so accidently pushed to the side. I want to start of cross things off my list in a timely fashion and carry this on through out the year. For instance, I stopped today at the Dollar General today to get cards to send to people who should have received them long ago. This year holds the consideration of dropping 2 hours from one client so i will have one whole afternoon and evening to make sure that I do all the things that I need to and maintain my sanity. I like this prospect.

As soon as I could this New Year, I dove into the Word. I want to continue to grow as a woman in Christ. I want to see past my weaknesses and always see that the Lord is my strength. I want to be closer to Him than to anybody else or anything else.

Who knows what this new year will bring?! I know that I don't...and my guesses in year's past have been wrong. Jesus is in the business of surprising us and amazing us. Here's to a New Year and the Lord continuing the work He has started in me and each one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment